Get the right coverage, right now!

Service Area


Request Quote

15 + 11 =

RV Insurance in Texas

Owning a recreational vehicle (RV) is an investment, and it should be treated like one. You usually insure things that are a huge investment, like homes and cars, so an RV should be no different.

Do You Need Insurance for an RV?

If you are driving your motorized RV on public roadways in Texas, you will need the minimum liability coverage, which is $60,000 per accident and $25,000 for property damage. If you do not own your RV, your lender may require you to have coverage to get a loan. If your RV is a rental vehicle, you are also required to have coverage.

Types of RVs

For you to get an accurate quote from Sergeant Fifty-Five, serving Plano, TX, you will need to know which class of RV you are driving.

  • Class A: These are the largest ones and can also include converted buses. They are self-contained homes and are also vehicles.
  • Class B: These are smaller types of Class A vehicles and can still be occupied while moving.
  • Class C: These have step down cabs with a living space above and are smaller than Class A and B vehicles.
  • Truck Campers: These are units that are separate from the vehicle and attached to the bed of your pick-up truck.
  • Trailer Campers: This is any type of unit that you can tow, which includes fifth-wheel campers.

There also needs to be a distinction made between recreational and occasional use and living in your RV full time when it comes to insurance. If you are going to be using your RV for living accommodations, you will need to have additional coverage.

What Does RV Insurance Cover?

There are different types of coverage to consider in Texas. Liability coverage protects you if you get into an accident and pays for the damages you cause. Collision coverage will help insure your RV if it is damaged in an accident. Comprehensive coverage will cover your RV for damages not related to a crash, such as a storm or vandalism. Contents insurance will cover what you keep in your RV.

Contact Sergeant Fifty-Five, serving Plano, TX, to get a quote for RV insurance. Our agents can work with you to find a policy that works for your situation.

Our Partners