Get the right coverage, right now!
Home Insurance in Texas
A homeowner’s insurance coverage is designed to replace or repair your house and your personal property when they are destroyed or damaged by an event that is covered by your policy. Sergeant Fifty-Five is one of the companies that offer home insurance plans to those in Plano, TX, and residents around the state.
It is essential to note that this policy is an agreement between you and your insurer. So, you are required to read the contract to understand what is covered and the coverage limits. Make sure you know your rights ‐ the state already has a bill of rights for renters and homeowner insurance consumers. The local insurance company you choose to work with must send you these rights when you’re renewing or getting another policy.
Homeowners insurance plans in Texas
Homeowners insurance plans offer the following coverages:
- Personal property ‐ Makes payments for replacing or repairing items in your house (like clothing, furniture, and appliances) that have been destroyed, stolen, or damaged.
- Dwelling ‐ Will pay for rebuilding your home if it is destroyed or damaged by a covered risk.
- Other structure ‐ Helps to repair structures that are not attached to the main house like fences, garages, and storage sheds.
- Personal liability ‐ Makes payment to defend you against a lawsuit and offers protection if you’re found responsible for another person’s property damage or injury.
- Loss of use ‐ Will pay for additional living costs you will incur in case you have to find a new temporary home while your house gets repaired. This covers expenses like food, housing, and other basic costs.
- Medical payment ‐ Pays for medical expenses when people get hurt on your property.
If you are a new Texas homeowner and you would like to get home insurance, consider contacting us at Sergeant Fifty-Five in Plano, TX. We will discuss your preferences and needs while offering you a customized plan. Reach out to our agents for a quote or try our online rating tool.